On this episode: man against horse; running in jorts; and cheese-rolling racing. We’re talking with Peter Mortimer, ultra-runner in search of his breaking point.
- 01:00 – Introducing Peter Mortimer
- 01:50 – The Cocodona 250
- 02:40 – How Peter got into running (and eventually ultra-running)
- 05:50 – Man Against Horse
- 10:50 – The Barkley Fall Classic and the Barkley Marathon
- 15:25 – Favorite ultra-race – The Dragon’s Back Race in Wales
- 21:45 – The role of the pacer
- 24:20 – Coaching
- 29:10 – What is a typical training week look like?
- 34:50 – 8 More Miles
- 40:30 – How do you approach an ultra-race?
- 44:25 – Hallucinations on a race
- 46:30 – How physically painful is running a 100 mile race?
- 48:25 – What’s on your bucket list?
- 55:00 – What kind of distances Peter coaches for
- 56:50 – Cheese-Rolling Race
- 60:00 – How to find Peter
Mentioned in this Episode
- Cocodona 250
- Broken Arrow
- Man Against Horse
- Barkley Fall Classic
- Barkley Marathon
- Dragon’s Back Race
- Squirrel’s Nut Butter
- Western States 100
- 8 More Miles Coaching – Peter’s coaching website
- Tor des Géants
- We are the Champions (trailer for the cheese rolling race)
- Strava (Peter’s profile)
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.