On this episode: Canada, Skijoring, and a glossary of ski terms. We’re talking with Ingrid Granlin, owner and instructor at Glide Nordic in Bend, Oregon.
- 0:30 – Introducing Ingrid
- 02:20 – What are the different kinds of Nordic skiing (and the gear involved)
- 07:50 – How Ingrid ended up in Bend, Oregon
- 09:55 – When did you start skiing?
- 13:40 – Skiing in Yosemite
- 17:50 – Favorite ski memories
- 20:50 – Why you need skins for backcountry skis, but not for cross-country
- 23:30 – What Ingrid does in the summer months
- 26:04 – Favorite areas for cross-country skiing around Bend
- 30:30 – Recommendations for someone wanting to get into Nordic skiing
- 34:35 – Ski racing
- 37:45 – What sports do you follow in the Winter Olympics?
- 39:50 – As a life-long skier, what do you think of snowboarders?
- 40:55 – Top three places to go Nordic skiing
- 46:40 – Skijoring
- 49:40 – The Nordic-Combined
- 51:25 – Any good ski crashes in your history?
- 55:40 – How to contact Ingrid
Mentioned in this Episode
Connect with Ingrid online
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.