On this episode: gloves, sizing charts, the gateway drug to road cycling. We’re talking with Jamie Wallis, co-owner of Handup Gloves, and we get a recap of Jeff’s experience on The Big Lonely with Jesse Blough.
- 00:35 – Introductions and how Handup got started
- 05:20 – The challenge of finding good biking gloves
- 06:40 – Putting sayings on the palms, and the community effect
- 09:20 – The positive side of social media
- 12:30 – Online shopping live with Jason
- 14:30 – What’s a “kit?”
- 16:45 – How big is Handup today?
- 21:38 – Any designs that didn’t do as well as you expected?
- 24:35 – Motherhood and juggling
- 27:00 – Talking about the fun in life
- 28:45 – Jamie’s bikes and how she got started biking (hint: it involves butter biscuits and sweet tea)
- 32:55 – Where to buy Handup Gloves
- 34:45 – Advice for anyone wanting to start a business in the cycling business
- 37:00 – Gloves That Give program
- 39:35 – The future?
- 41:00 – PBR and other collaborations
- 45:00 – Wrap up
- 46:45 – Recap of Jeff’s experience on The Big Lonely with Jesse Blough (who you might remember from Episode 24)
Mentioned in this Show
- Handup Gloves – Use coupon code Almostthere to save when ordering
- Gloves That Give
- The Big Lonely
- Climb for Heroes
- A few photos from Jeff & Ben’s Big Lonely SKT attempt
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.