On this episode: FKTs, Death Metal, horn of zeese. We’re talking with Ashly Winchester, trail runner, FKT-collector (she has dozens), Mount Shasta guide, and freelance outdoor writer.
- 00:35 – Introducing Ashly
- 01:20 – How she got started running
- 04:50 – What is an “FKT” and what are the differences between supported, self-supported and unsupported records?
- 06:10 – The logistics of planning and executing multiple FKTs
- 10:50 – Climbing and guiding on Mount Shasta
- 13:00 – Picking FKT objectives
- 14:10 – The Joshua Tree Traverse
- 23:45 – The Death Valley Crossing
- 31:00 – Dealing with the failed FKT attempts
- 36:15 – What gear do you always bring with you?
- 46:10 – Ashly’s Womxn Of The Wild podcast
- 49:35 – Booneville and Boontling
- 52:25 – Freelance writing in the outdoor industry
- 54:40 – Where to Ashly online
Mentioned in this Show
Find Ashly Online
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.