In this episode, 94 better than six; Mount Whitney, Star Wars, and San Diego. We’re talking about the 100 Peak Challengein San Diego with the challenge creator, Derek Loranger; the first person to complete the challenge, Susie Kara; and recent finisher Chris Griffith.
- 00:35 – Introductions
- 04:40 – How the 100 Peak Challenge came to be
- 06:57 – Picking 100 peaks in San Diego County
- 10:22 – The logistics of hiking 100 peaks in 365 days (or less)
- 18:20 – Derek confesses to not finishing all 100 peaks
- 25:45 – Only four finishers to date (started in 2017)
- 28:04 – Susie’s journey from runner to hiker
- 30:00 – Building skills for off-trail navigation
- 39:00 – Favorite areas in the challenge
- 44:50 – Less favored hikes?
- 52:24 – Mount Whitney
- 58:12 – How to connect with our guests
Mentioned in this Episode
- 100 Peaks Challenge
- Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge
- 52 Hike Challenge
- Afoot & Afield in San Diego County
- Connect with Derek at 100peaks.com and on IG @100peaks
- Connect with Susie on IG @thesusiekara
- Connect with Chris at SDPeakbagger.com and on IG @chriswgriffithsd
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.